By Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S. Abdool Karim, Cheryl Baxter
Since its inception 14 years in the past, CAPRISA has performed a number of scientific stories that experience prompted overseas TB-HIV remedy guidance in addition to HIV prevention via concepts within the microbicide and vaccine fields. This publication offers a ancient account of ways every one of CAPRISA’s excessive impression reports used to be created, built, applied, analysed and communicated. In doing so, the reader is taken on a trip that gives glimpses into the genesis of analysis rules and the way this finally ends up in more than a few HIV prevention and remedy experiences that experience impacted the worldwide reaction to the HIV and TB epidemics.
Comprised of five sections, the ebook information the following:
- HIV epidemic in South Africa and the institution of a examine centre to adopt medical, epidemiological and laboratory examine on HIV.
- CAPRISA’s medical trials on HIV and HSV-2 prevention. those stories investigated the impression of tenofovir gel as topical antiretroviral pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), implementation of topical PrEP via kin making plans clinics, conditional money incentives for HIV prevention, HIV vaccines, and passive immunisation with generally neutralising antibodies.
- CAPRISA’s learn at the therapy of HIV and TB co-infection.
- A overview of the foremost clinical findings from the CAPRISA experiences on acute an infection and genital mucosal immunology.
- Essential aid actions for the behavior of medical trials, together with examine laboratories and pharmacies, in addition to constructing powerful verbal exchange and sustainable buildings for neighborhood engagement to take care of potent and respectful partnerships with engaging groups. The ebook concludes with a bankruptcy concerning the demanding situations dealing with destiny HIV prevention and remedy trials.
The CAPRISA medical Trials: HIV therapy and Prevention is a source for undergraduate and postgraduate scholars, overall healthiness care companies, medical professionals, decision-makers and researchers who're looking assistance and insights on medical trials – their production, behavior and impact.
Read or Download The CAPRISA Clinical Trials: HIV Treatment and Prevention PDF
Best Clinical books
This can be a revised and extended edtion of a vintage in palliative medication, initially released in 1991. With 3 further chapters and a brand new preface summarizing our development within the sector of soreness administration, this can be a must-hve for these in palliative medication and hospice care. the duty of physicians to alleviate human ache stretches again into antiquity.
The 2d variation of this revered reference keeps to supply cutting-edge, functional advice at the overview, therapy, and rehabilitation of sufferers with orthopaedic difficulties. equipped by way of anatomic area, this source covers every little thing from preliminary exam and differential analysis.
Extra info for The CAPRISA Clinical Trials: HIV Treatment and Prevention